We are the Graduate Student Council (GSC) of the Department of Materials Science & Engineering at University of California, Berkeley. The mission of MSE-GSC is to improve the graduate student life of MSE students through active communication with the department as well as foster community and inclusion in our department through social and networking events.
Some of our activities include:
- Organizing departmental & joint happy hours within the College of Engineering and College of Chemistry
- Providing input on curriculum changes
- Bridging industrial contacts and graduate students via professional networking events
- Helping facilitate major Department socials (Welcome BBQ, MSE holiday party)
- Community outreach
- Being your voice in the Graduate Assembly (GA) and Associated Students of the University of California (ASUC)